what personal data do we collect about you?
As a candidate, we collect and process personal data about you such as:
- Identification information – we may process your name, contact information (including home address, home phone number and mobile phone number), citizenship and country of residence, date of birth, (in exceptional cases) gender, digital signature and languages spoken.
- CV/resumes and other recruitment information – we may process your CV/resume, work history, information about your skills, your experience and educational background and other relevant information (such as your photograph, interview notes and personal data included in the cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Compensation and benefits information – we may process personal data relating to your current compensation and benefits including (without limitation) your current bonus, recurring payments and benefits.
- Government issued identifiers – we may process government issued identifiers including (without limitation) the national identification number, social insurance number and social security number, as legally required.
- Photographs and video footage – when participating in recruitment-related events, meetings, conferences etc., we may process photographs or videos of you.
- Visitor information – when accessing our buildings, we may collect your name, contact details, car plate number, and other identification for security reasons. Where we are legally required to do so we may also ask you to disclose information about your health (including information related to viral infections, flu, etc.) for health and safety reasons.
- Survey results - any information you share with us in response to survey(s) we may send you
- Background check and screening information - To the extent permitted or mandated by law, we may need to carry out a background check on you. When doing so, we may collect information about any past criminal offences and proceedings. This may also include personal data about your past work history, experiences etc. as provided by any references you have provided, previous employers, Randstad employees with whom you have worked in the past and/or have interviewed or recommended you. Where permitted by applicable law, we may also obtain this information from professional background screening service providers. Where you have made certain information about yourself publicly available online, we may gather that information as part of our screening process too.
- Assessment information: in case you were invited for and participated in tests or assessment centres depending on a type of position we are hiring or the local market specific, information provided by you during such tests or assessment centres in answers, as well as your final results, scorings and / or personal profile characteristic, including your personality factors and soft competences (like ability to work within the team, creativity, assertiveness, dependability, adaptability), logical skills, performance, language skills, level of knowledge, or such other information
- Diversity and inclusion information - where permitted under applicable laws, we may collect sensitive personal information like your ethnic background, race, religious and or philosophical beliefs as part of our DE&I initiatives.
- Information you choose to share with us – we may process additional personal data if you choose to share that with us.
This data may be obtained directly or indirectly from you. In the latter case, we will inform you of the purpose and data sources we use, when we communicate with you in connection with our Services (e.g. to alert you about a job opportunity), or in any event within one month of the time we indirectly obtain your data. The exception is where the provision of this information to you would cause disproportionate efforts. In that case, we may take alternative measures to protect your rights and freedoms.
why do we need your personal data?
Randstad processes your personal data only for the purposes specified below:
- To provide our Services to you (including matching and proposing you to clients, interviews, assessments). For example, we may process your personal data to recommend jobs to you based on your profile and enable our consultants to provide you with tailored job opportunities, career advice, reskilling options, inclusiveness, suggest additional training where necessary and introduce you to hiring managers: The processing of your data and the use of automated systems is necessary to provide you with the matching services, and is therefore based on (pre-) contractual necessity;
- Training and updating of systems/statistical purposes. Some of the systems that we use to provide our Services are based on machine learning technology. In order for that technology to function reliably, it needs to be trained and updated on the basis of existing data. We may also process personal data in an aggregated manner for statistical purposes: Based on our legitimate interest in training and updating our systems. We have implemented mitigating measures to limit the privacy impact, such as de-identification and an easy opt-out in your choices;
- Dispute management and litigation: Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad Sourceright , which include the protection of company assets, protecting its legal interests and managing legal claims/disputes;
- Compliance with labor, tax and social security laws and other legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. equal opportunity and workplace diversity requirements): Processing is necessary for compliance with employment and social security legal obligations;
- Events: Based on our legitimate interest in maintaining a good relationship with our community of candidates and promoting our services by inviting you to our events;
- Facilities, security and contingency planning purposes: Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad Sourceright, which include safeguarding and securing our assets, our facilities, our information systems and our people;
- To conduct corporate transactions (including mergers, acquisitions and divestments): Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad Sourceright, which include Randstad Sourceright’s interest in developing its business through mergers, acquisitions and divestments;
- conducting background checks, including, to the extent permitted by applicable law, and if you receive an offer from us, criminal history checks: we may conduct a background check on you or instruct a third party to do so on our behalf. Background screening will only be done where permitted by the law applicable to the location where the position is located and to the extent necessary and proportionate to the role that you are being offered. A background check will only involve criminal background data to the extent permitted by law. Our legal basis for background screening is based on our legitimate interest, and possibly that of our clients, to ensure we find appropriate candidates. If a background screening is required, you may be contacted by a third-party background screening service provider to request authorization for the release of your information, and at that time you will be provided with further information about the process and what personal data it might involve.
- We may collect information about your race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation and similar information. We will only do so where permitted or mandated by applicable law (e.g. equal opportunity or diversity and inclusion laws), and to support our efforts to create an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- Under limited circumstances and only to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also collect sensitive personal information relating to health and medical characteristics, such as status of infection, test results, and vaccination status, to address our public health and workplace safety obligations.
how long do we keep your personal data?
We may retain your personal data for a period of 2 years counting from our last interaction with you for the purposes of providing you our Services.
If you haven´t been recruited for RSR:
We ask you for permission to keep your personal data for another two years after a possible rejection. We can approach you after two years to update your data and possibly extend the consent. If you want to be removed from the file earlier, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have been recruited for RSR:
If you accept an offer of employment with us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained in accordance with specific country requirements and with the privacy notice applicable to Randstad Sourceright employees, which will be provided during the on-boarding process.