You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
1. Right to be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. This is why we are providing you with the information in this notice.
2. Right of access: You have the right to access the personal data we keep about you – this is because we want you to be aware of the personal data we have about you and to enable you to verify whether we process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
3. Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the rectification of your personal data.
4. Right to erasure: This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep it. This is not a general right to erasure, there are exceptions.
5. Right to restrict processing: You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal data to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
6. Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such personal data transferred directly to a third party.
7. Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, in certain circumstances. In particular, the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests or on public interest grounds; the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes (including profiling); the right to object to the use of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in certain circumstances.
8. Right to withdraw consent: If our processing of your personal data is based specifically on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This includes your right to withdraw consent to our use of your personal data in the context of voluntary employee surveys.
9. Right to object to automated decision making: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects for you or similarly significantly affects you. Automated decision making takes place when an electronic system uses personal data to make a decision without human intervention. This is not a general right to object, there are exceptions. For example, we are allowed to use automated decision making where it is necessary to perform a contract with you and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights. For further information, see the section “Innovative HR technologies”.
If you want to exercise your rights or have any other question about your personal data, you can contact our our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
We will handle your request with special care to ensure your rights can be exercised effectively. We may ask you for proof of identity to ensure that we are not sharing your personal data with anyone else but yourself!
You must be aware that, in particular cases (for instance, due to legal requirements) we may not be able to make your request effective right away.
In any case, within one month from your request, we will inform you on the actions taken.
If you have any complaints, please let us know so that we can help you further and adjust / improve our work processes if necessary. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
10. Your California Privacy Rights: We offer our services in the United States of America through Randstad entities. For information about your rights and how to exercise them please find more in their privacy notice.