Job Title: International Financial Reconciliation Specialist
We are seeking an experienced International Financial Reconciliation Specialist to join our growing organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and resolving accounting discrepancies between two financial systems in a complex international environment. They will work closely with local finance teams across various countries to understand the root cause of any differences and provide effective solutions. The ideal candidate must have strong influencing skills and the ability to navigate a matrix organization.
- Analyze and compare financial data between two systems to identify accounting discrepancies and inconsistencies.
- Collaborate with local finance (and IT) teams in multiple countries to investigate the root causes of identified differences.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to resolve accounting issues and ensure alignment between both systems.
- Act as a liaison between local finance teams and the global finance organization, fostering strong relationships and open communication.
- Provide training and guidance to local finance teams on best practices for maintaining data accuracy and consistency across systems.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of reconciliation processes and recommend improvements as needed.
- Prepare and present regular reports on reconciliation progress and identified issues to senior management.
- Participate in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry best practices.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial regulations, trends, and tools to support effective decision-making and problem-solving.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; a professional accounting certification (e.g., CPA, CMA, ACCA) is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, financial reconciliation, or a similar role, with a focus on international operations.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations, including IFRS and local GAAP.
- Proficient in using accounting software, financial analysis and BI tools (e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy), Google Workspace and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Experience working in a matrix organization and navigating complex, cross-functional relationships.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Fluency in English; proficiency in additional languages is a strong advantage.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. If you are a skilled and motivated financial professional with a passion for problem-solving in an international context, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to join our team