- 100% remote Canada wide.
- Full time, permanent.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Level: Junior to intermediate
The mission of the business intelligence team is to provide visibility, transparency, and guidance regarding quantity and quality of results, activities, financial KPIs, and leading indicators to easily identify trends aimed at data-based decision-making.
This position is responsible for working with internal, external, and BI teams to support end-to-end data, reporting, and visualization needs. Review of client reporting requirements, validating needs, digging in, and determining reporting and data needs to provide the best solutions for the client.
Use strong independent judgment to identify VMS/ATS and other external system reporting capabilities and correlate that to business requirements to identify, develop, and extra data from multiple systems. Apply skills, experience, and creativity necessary to exploit the data assets resident in various source systems. Utilize various data tools and techniques to build and automate data and visualization solutions.
This person will be instrumental in supporting each stage of the BI process, from data investigation, extraction, and wrangling to delivery via dashboards and reports. The person will be building automated processes to support large-scale data analysis. This is a hands-on technical position requiring analytical and problem-solving skills and we are looking for a technically sharp candidate who can independently code, build and test.
- Experience with end-to-end agile BI solutions, including ETL/ELT, data scrubbing, wrangling, loading, and reporting.
- Extensive hands-on experience with analyzing and designing data models to support analytics applications and data visualization.
- Design and develop ELT/ETL processes to support current and evolving data requirements. Strong data profiling skills to analyze source system data for ETL/ELT development. Perform data conversions, imports, and exports of data within and between multiple systems.
- Integrate data from diverse data sources. Experience working with large data sets in a variety of formats such as flat files, databases, XML files, and/or unstructured data. Data integration experience or exposure to calling APIs for data transfer or processing using API preferred.
- Good understanding of data related technologies such as Data Modeling, ETL, ELT, Data mining, data wrangling, data integration, data exploration, etc .
- Conducting data analysis to determine structure, content, and quality of data. Performing data quality audits to ensure data consistency and cleanliness.
- Support business stakeholders in analyzing and resolving any data issues as required.
- Good at piecing together data puzzles, asking questions, and working with colleagues and clients to get answers.
- Build dashboards, reports, and visualization using DOMO. Experience in data retrieval, data manipulation, data analysis, and presentation using data visualizations. Advanced report-building skills, including complex calculated fields
- Scripting coding skills preferred.
- Liaise with BI team, internal account teams, external clients, and implementation team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science/Data Management/Business Analysis highly preferred. Master’s degree a plus
- 5-7 years of business experience
- Experience working in one or more of the following: Business Intelligence/Data Science/Data Analytics/ETL Development/Dashboard Development/Reports development/Data Engineering/Data Architecture
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills required for various levels throughout external and internal organizations
- 5+ years SQL development experience required.
- 5+ years of data engineering/data warehouse or ETL development experience required.
- 3+ years of BI development/reporting experience required.
- 3+ years of data visualization/KPI/dashboard experience with Tableau/DOMO/Power BI or other tools required.
- Data Architecture experience preferred.
- Python/R data programming skills preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS - Excel with knowledge of macros and pivot tables.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, and tasks, and meet deadlines while maintaining quality
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information and ideas
- Strong drive and commitment to delivering outstanding results
Why choosing Randstad Canada:
- We are one of the 50 Best Workplaces in Canada every year since 2006!
- We are ranked #7 for best employers in Canada in 2019 on Glassdoor reviews
- We are a leader in diversity & inclusion
- Competitive salary
- Full-time permanent position
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage
- Vacation package / 12 care Days and vacation days purchase options
- Share purchase program & RRSP and stock contribution plans
- Modern office with a panoramic view located near shopping centers and restaurants
- Employee perk & discount program
- Treats Thursdays, Social Fridays, 2x Summer Half Days
Randstad Canada’s Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.