This is a role at our group company, twago.Company Description
Twago is a highly successful scale-up operating in the HR technology space. The company was acquired by Randstad Holding in 2016, but is operated as a stand-alone entity. We are changing the world of work by connecting talent to large multinationals.
In 2017 we launched a white label talent pooling (twago talentpool) solution that allows large companies to build talent communities by leveraging their own brand. The great product-market fit gave an enormous impulse to our growth. Today we work with numerous Fortune 500 companies on three different continents.
For our office in the heart of Berlin we are looking for a DevOps / TechOps Engineer (m/f/d).
You will be part of a cross-functional team working on a leading HR technology platform.
Your role as DevOps / TechOps Engineer
As part of an experienced and international product development team (currently 20 people) you play an essential role in designing, developing, and operationalizing our product infrastructure across production, staging and testing environments. Among others you would work on
- Design, develop, and operationalize Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery solutions
- Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools
- Design and implement DevOps solutions
- Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation; Support building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones, through use of automation tooling
- Provide hands-on support for the ongoing development and support operation and maintenance team
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Design and develop reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product
- Develop and maintain automated test framework tools to facilitate Systems Engineer testing tasks.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where applicable automate approaches for system administrators tasks.
- Plan and execute a potential migration to a cloud service provider like AWS
What you should bring in
- Strong proficiency in Linux, Open Source, Web-based and Cloud-based environments (ability to use open source technologies and tools)
- Required strong scripting ability
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience; Master's degree is a plus (ability to code and script)
- Short learning curve for new technologies
- Good knowledge of networking (DNS, TCP/IP, routing, services and security)
- Strong scripting and automation (bash, Perl, common Linux utils), strong grasp of automation tools a plus. (chef, ansible, etc...)
- Strong debugging skills (OS, scripting, Web based technologies), SQL, Java and Database concepts are a plus
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of AWS ecosystems (cli, api)
A plus would be
- Programming skills (Java, Grails, C#, Ruby, Scala, Python)
- ML/Deeplearning knowledge (text analysis)
- Strong Unix Skills
- OS, kernel, memory, performance (network, disk)
- Web-based technology: Nginx, Apache2, REST API
- Strong understanding of open source culture and practice
- nginx, Apache, git, svn, GNU tools
- Grep, awk, sed
- Git, svn
- Scripting (bash, perl, python, etc...)
- API related skills (REST, and any other like google, aws, atlassian, cli)
What's in it for you
- Flexible working time arrangements
- Option to choose your computer and equipment from an available selection
- Working alongside an experienced, successful and international team
- Competitive salary and very attractive office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg)
- An ideal environment in which you can grow within a start-up atmosphere
- A fantastic opportunity to learn and do more outside of your current comfort zone
- Increasing autonomy, authority and accountability based on your contributions
- Opportunity to bring in and realize your own ideas
- Fresh fruits, drinks and joined lunch every week
- Working on Europe's largest online platform for freelance work
Become a part of our team!