- 100% remote Canada wide
- Full time, permanent
- Competitive salary and full benefits package
- The mission of the business intelligence team is to create a data-driven culture that empowers leaders to integrate data into daily decisions and strategic planning. We aim to provide visibility, transparency, and guidance regarding the quantity and quality of results, activities, financial KPIs, and leading indicators to easily identify trends aimed at data-based decision-making.
- The Data Engineer’s role is to design and develop software and computer systems. This person implements designs by writing computer programs, updating and troubleshooting or repairing existing programs to optimize operational efficiency. This role is also responsible for helping to develop and implement future technology roadmap initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills in English
Programming & Code Writing
- Build scalable and reusable libraries
- Follow industry best practices for coding and implementing new projects
- Utilize agile and SDLC methodologies (nice to have)
Consulting & Partnership
- Serve as subject matter expert to create process and maintain templates for technical requirements gathering for functional and non-functional requirements in a standardized fashion
- Consult with business analysts to plan project execution including appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, resources, and establishing realistic completion times
- Utilize knowledge of technology roadmap to provide forward-thinking recommendations
- Proactively partner with internal stakeholders to bridge gaps, provide historical references, and design the appropriate processes
Troubleshooting & Continuous Improvement
- Troubleshoot, and provide technical guidance to resolve issues related to misaligned or inaccurate data or data fields or new customer requirements
- Resolve escalated reporting requests and communicate proactively and timely
- Maintain new release, migration, and sprint schedules for software upgrades, enhancements, and fixes to aid with product evolution
- Some experience in writing QA/QC Scripts to conduct the first round of testing and partner with the BA team for test validation for new developments prior to moving to production. (Create unit tests, regression testing)
- Use industry knowledge & feedback to aid in the development of technology roadmap and future product(s) vision
- Document standard ways of working via QRGs, intranet pages, and video series
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, highly preferred, Master’s degree a plus
- 5-7 years software development experience with at least 3+ years of experience as a data engineer
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivery of software products to the market
- Project Management and/or process improvement experience is highly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of one of these: BigQuery, GHire, Plx, Data Studio, or similar products (great asset)
- Familiar with Object-Oriented programming languages.
- Working knowledge of one of the following: Python (intermediate) or Java (intermediate) language.
- Experience with Google cloud platform (GCP), or Amazon Cloud, or MS-Azure (nice to have).
- Knowledge of relational databases including SQL queries, database definition, and schema design (must to have).
- Experience writing and maintaining extract, transform, and load scripts (ETLs) that operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources (must to have).
- Strong understanding of software development (must to have).
- Intrinsic motivation and problem-solving (must to have).
- Proactive leadership, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated continuous improvement, process documentation, and workflow skills
- Extensive experience with data analysis, modeling, and data pipelining including data cleaning, standardizing, scaling, tuning, scheduling, and deployment
- Experience composing detailed technical documentation and procedures for data models
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks, and meeting deadlines while maintaining quality
- Strong drive and commitment for delivering outstanding results
- Strong follow-up and service orientation
- Experience with developing front-end reporting with Business Intelligence suites and passionate about data visualizations and storytelling through data.
- Experience with presenting complex technical solutions to senior stakeholders.
- Provides guidance, leadership, or training to other employees (no direct supervision)
- Job Title this position reports: Director, Data Architecture
In order to apply for this role, please send us your updated resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad Canada’s Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to email@example.com to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.