We’re searching for an awesome Assistant Branch Manager (Staffing Industry) who’s ready to tackle an exciting new chapter in their career in GTA / York Region.
- Do you possess an interpersonal savvy that allows you to develop lasting relationships with your clients & work team?
- Does a combination of sales and recruitment sound exciting for the next chapter in your career?
- Do you view a challenge as motivation rather than an obstacle? Are you the type of person who makes new friends everywhere you go?
If you answered yes to the above questions, it sounds like you’ll fit right in at Randstad!
The Assistant Branch Manager is the business manager responsible for the units in a specific division (or 2 related divisions). The Assistant Branch Manager role is intended for Consultants who have demonstrated both their technical skills and their leadership potential. The purpose of the position is to provide support and guidance to all division members through training and coaching; while allowing the Assistant Branch Manager to gain further leadership experience. Assistant Branch Managers are unit members, working alongside Consultants and doing many of the same functions.
- Achievement of the annual budget including temp revenue, perm revenue, and GM targets
- Operational Essentials are applied thoroughly and consistently by all units and 80% of all Risk Management Factors result in a Good rating
- Ensure that sales and service effectiveness are optimized through the systematic and ongoing management of Consultant productivity and service delivery
- Ongoing coaching and development of both new and tenured Consultants
- Actively participate in client retention and client share growth within key customers
- Design, execute and evaluate recruiting strategy to ensure expenditures within budget guidelines and recruiting levels sufficient to support divisional order volume
- Drive new business development both by supporting sales activities of division members as well as with own sales efforts
- Review aging with the division on weekly basis and work with the A/R department to maintain DSO below 38 days
- Ensure payroll and billing information is submitted accurately and on time
- Attend and participate in management meetings involving short and long term strategies for Randstad’s growth and profitability and seminars on issues related to division member development and team-based leadership
- Build a client database through prospect cold calling in a specific, local territory (building client relationships and new client generation from all prospect sales activities)
- Prospect new clients through telephone contact as well as scheduled visits
- Provide ongoing communication to determine clients and prospective clients hiring need
- Responsible for the complete recruitment cycle from screening resumes to completing interviews
- Assess the right candidates to fill the open positions within a pre-determined time frame
- Develop and implement new recruitment strategies to find and engage the best candidates
- Promoting and acting at all times in a manner consistent with Randstad’s Group core values of “Know, Serve, Trust”, “Simultaneous promotion of all interests” and “Striving for perfection”. Ensuring that all members of the division do the same.
Skills and Experience required:
- 3 years plus experience in sales and business development with a previous leadership experience
- College Diploma completed
- Track record of demonstrated sales targets
- Ability to build long-term and trusted business relationships
- Excellent communication, problem-solving skills, and team orientation
- Computer and digital communication knowledge
- Ability to take ownership of your teams' development
- Ability to provide strategies/coaching to the team to succeed
- Previous experience within the staffing industry is an asset
- Must have reliable transportation
What makes a job with Randstad so great?
- We’ve been selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Places to Work since 2006!
- Competitive base salary and lucrative bonus structure
- Full health and dental benefits
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, with an increase to 4 weeks after 2 years of service
- Optional RRSP and stock contribution plans with company match
- Flexible working environment and tools that enable you to work from anywhere
- Dynamic working atmosphere- work from office 2-3 days a week
- Forward-thinking leadership that’s open to innovation and fresh ideas
- Countless development opportunities to expand your skillset
- Work-life balance is a priority (We celebrate Treat Thursdays & Beverage Fridays every week!)
- Tons of opportunities to advance your career (80% of our leadership hires come from within!)
- Rewards & recognition programs to celebrate top performers (like our annual reward trip to a sunny destination!)
Randstad Canada’s Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to email@example.com to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.