The Staff Accountant II in the Accounting Team will be responsible for preparing a variety of journal entries, reconciling balance sheets, and operating statement accounts with higher risk complexity, participating in department month-end reviews, completing variance analysis for multiple entities, work closely with finance and other business unit accountants and managers to ensure the transactions for your legal entities are being accurately recorded in the G/L , Liaise with the field operations and other internal departments to answer questions and provide supporting documentation and supporting the overall operations of the Accounting Department.
Principal Responsibilities Percentage of Time
- Prepare and record various journal entries to the general ledger
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis for accounts with medium to high risk
- Review the results of assigned business areas and make necessary accounting entries; investigate and report on variances
- Plan, coordinate and lead assigned field and/or head office department month-end reviews
- Complete monthly, quarterly and year-end close responsibilities
- Begin to work with the finance planning team regarding variances and projections
- Support external audit process and meet stringent deadlines
- Use technology to streamline manual processes
Education & Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, required
- CPA license or CPA track, preferred
- 2-4 years of experience
- Advanced skills and experience working with Microsoft Excel, including V-lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with JD Edwards, PeopleSoft and/or Hyperion, preferred
- Highly motivated, flexible, quality focused, team player with strong organizational skills who can maintain a positive attitude in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines at each month-end
- Must have strong communication, customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter, energetic, enthusiastic and customer service focused
- Able to create and maintain strong relationships with business partners
- Interested in learning and advancing career
- Please describe the following work conditions that are generally required to execute the principal duties of this position
- Physical surroundings (e.g. office equipment): This position requires extensive use of a computer / laptop and a computer monitor.
- Adverse working environment (e.g. specify extent of exposure to noise, extreme temperature, dirt, dangerous machinery or other hazardous conditions requiring safety adherence and/or PPE equipment): This position will be in an Hybrid environment ( remote and In-office).
- Physical Effort: (Specify repetitive lifting, bending, stooping, or other physical effort required): This position requires extensive periods of sitting and working on a computer.
- Domestic/International Travel: minimal, if any
- Extensive Hours: This position requires overtime during month-end, quarter-end and year-end close as well as when special projects arise.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know....